Mechanical Testing Capabilities
The Materials Engineering Laboratory of Imperia Engineering Partners is equipped with an Instron 5985 Electrical Mechanical 250kN test frame for Tensile, Compression, 3 or 4 Points Bending, Cyclic Fatigue, Peel, Burst, Stress Relaxation Test, and more.
Some highlights of Imperia’s capabilities:
- Computer-Controlled Testing
- Custom fixturing for standard or non-standard sample and component testing.
- Numerous load cells range from 250g to 250kN
- Environmental Chamber: -50 to 600 °F
- Oversize testing space for the test frame
- Programmable data acquisition system
- All ranges of materials can be tested.
- Some examples:
- Metals: Steel, Aluminum, Titanium, etc.
- Biological Materials
- Component testing:
- Electrical Board
- Hard Hats
- Bolt Testing
- Electric Insulator